RA Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Raimund Bollenberger was one of Austria’s leading civil law experts, professor for civil and corporate law at the Vienna University of Economics and Business and partner of DSC Doralt Seist Csoklich Rechtsanwälte GmbH (DSC). Training and fostering young academics was always close to his heart and, if anything, something he was predestined for given his work in legal practice and academia. In his honor, DSC is proud to announce the
Raimund Bollenberger Award
in the amount of € 5,000 for outstanding scholarly research by young academics under the following conditions:
- Applicants must be no more than 32 years of age as of the closing date (see point 4). Employees of DSC and past winners may not apply.
- Dissertations in law dealing with Austrian law on banking contracts, capital markets, insolvency, corporate, general terms and conditions, consumer protection law or laws concerning loan securities are eligible for submission. Dissertations published within one year prior to the submission deadline (see point 4) are also eligible.
- Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF or Word format. Submissions must be accompanied by (i) a brief curriculum vitae and (ii) grades/appraisal related to the submitted paper. DSC is authorized to archive submissions.
- Submissions must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and received by October 15, 2021 at the latest. The deadline may be extended by DSC for objectively justified reasons.
- A three-person jury shall decide on the winner of the prize. The jury shall be entitled to divide the prize between two applicants; it may also refrain from awarding the prize if there are no works worthy of receiving the prize. The jury shall arrive at its decision by a simple majority of votes. The jury’s decision is final and is not subject to appeal, even in court.
- Winning applicants undertake to speak on the topic of their work at a DSC event. With their application, applicants agree to the publication (even repeatedly) of their name and picture, in particular including on the homepage of DSC, as well as to the electronic storage by DSC of the personal data they provide during the course of their application.