RA Univ.-Prof. Mag. Dr. Raimund Bollenberger was one of Austria's leading civil law experts, university professor for civil and corporate law at the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration and partner of DSC Doralt Seist Csoklich Rechtsanwälte GmbH (DSC). The education and promotion of young academics was always close to his heart and, something he pursued continuously and with full conviction as a practitioner and as academic. In his honor, DSC is proud to announce the
Raimund Bollenberger Award
in the amount of € 5,000
for outstanding scientific work by young academics under the following conditions:
- Applicants must be no more than 32 old as of the closing date (see section 4). Employees of DSC and award winners from previous years are excluded from participation.
- Suitable for submission are legal dissertations dealing with topics of Austrian banking contract, capital market, insolvency, corporate, general terms and conditions or consumer protection law or with the law regarding loan securities. If the dissertation has been published, the publication must not have taken place more than one year before the submission deadline ends (see section 4.).
- Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF or Word format. Submissions must be accompanied by (i) a brief curriculum vitae and (ii) grades/appraisal related to the submitted paper. DSC is authorized to archive submissions.
- Submissions must be sent by 15.10.2022 the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline may be extended by DSC for objectively justified reasons.
- A three-member jury decides on the awarding of the prize. The jury is entitled to divide the prize between two applicants; it may also refrain from awarding the prize if there are no suitable submissions. The jury decides by a simple majority of votes. Its decision is final and is not subject to any appeal, even in court.
- In the event of an award, applicants must present the topic of their work at a DSC event. With their application, applicants agree to the (repeated) publication of their name and use of their pictures, in particular on the DSC website, as well as to the electronic storage of their data provided in the course of the application by DSC.