Companies in transportation need to avoid litigation. Logistics providers manage complex logistics service packages (supply chain management) and provide numerous additional services. Our team has many years of experience in advising freight forwarders and cargo transporters such as carriers, shipping companies and airlines. Insurance companies, P&I clubs, insurance intermediaries and trading and manufacturing companies also rely on our expertise.
We advise you on all matters relating to the transportation of goods in Austria and abroad, whether by air, truck, rail, inland waterway or ocean-going vessel. In doing so, we support you both in contentious matters and in the drafting of logistics contracts. Of course, we also examine and assess foreign trade law (embargoes, export licenses, dual-use regulation) and customs law issues associated with cross-border goods movements on your behalf.
In addition, we advise and represent you in insurance law matters, in particular in the examination and enforcement of coverage claims from transport, comprehensive and liability insurance policies and in the enforcement of recourse claims.
Areas of specialization:
- Drafting and evaluation of logistics contracts, including 3PL, 4PL and 5PL, and general terms and conditions
- Examination and enforcement of liability and recourse claims
- Advice and representation in foreign trade law matters
- Advice and representation in customs proceedings
- Review and preparation of insurance contracts
- Representation in proceedings regarding coverage claims