Gambling is a matter of luck – gaming law is not. Whereas until just a few years ago gambling was associated with shady backroom dealings, today it is a professional, strictly regulated industry with a national and international orientation. The same applies to sports betting and the provision of software or content for games of chance and sports betting.
When designing gaming and betting products – analog or digital, national or cross-border – complex questions arise such as: Which games of chance and sports betting, live betting, virtual sports, e-sports, and social betting are permitted? Does one need an official license? Which taxes does one have to pay? How does one defend yourself against gaming lawsuits? Our team has been advising Austrian and foreign clients for many years, especially in connection with the legality of games of chance and staging them in the real and virtual worlds. They will assist you in all challenges and find answers suited towards your needs.
Areas of specialization:
- Evaluation and development of new gaming and sports betting business models
- Reviewing and obtaining official approvals (betting licenses) and preparation of application documents for approval procedures
- Drafting and negotiating software development and licensing agreements for online casino and sports betting providers
- Criminal proceedings for violations of licensing regulations and seizure proceedings
- Tax proceedings before the tax authorities and the Federal Tax Court (BFG) concerning gambling duties and betting fees
- Representation before the courts of public law, the ECJ and the EU Commission
- Legal proceedings in connection with player loss lawsuits